The following guidelines have been established to enable families to comply with uniform requirements. Questions regarding permissible uniform dress should be directed to the Principal or Assistant Principal.
Uniforms are required for all students in Kindergarten through 6th Grade and optional for PreK3 and PreK4 students.
All uniforms must be purchased from PARKER SCHOOL UNIFORMS.
A red knit shirt with the St. R emblem is required for some school events.
Approved uniform for boys includes:
- Navy blue shorts with white or red knit shirt with St. R emblem; OR
- Navy blue pants with white or red knit shirt with St. R emblem.
- K-1st may wear all-elastic shorts or pants.
- Belts must be black, brown, or navy. Belts are required for 2nd through 6th Grade students.
- Socks must be solid white with no lettering or graphics.
- Shoes must be closed-toe, closed-sides, and closed-heal of one main color. No boots, Crocs, Heelys, or light up shoes are allowed. On P.E. days, students must wear tennis shoes with non-marking soles.
- Boys may not wear earrings of any kind.
Approved uniform for girls includes:
· Plaid jumper only with Peter Pan blouse; OR
· Navy blue skort with Peter Pan blouse, white knit shirt, or red knit shirt with St. R emblem; OR
· Plaid skort with Peter Pan blouse, white knit shirt, or red knit shirt with St. R emblem; OR
· Navy blue pants with Peter Pan blouse, white knit shirt, or red knit shirt with St. R emblem; OR
· Navy blue shorts with Peter Pan blouse, white knit shirt or red knit shirt with St. R emblem.
· K-1st may wear all-elastic shorts or pants.
· Jumpers can only be worn with a Peter Pan blouse. A St. R emblem is not required on a Pete Pan blouse worn under a jumper.
· Belts must be black, brown, or navy. Belts are required for 2nd through 6th Grade students wearing pants or shorts.
· Socks must be solid white with no lettering or graphics.
- Solid white or solid navy blue tights are optional substitution for socks.
Solid navy or white leggings are permitted if the socks cover the bottom of the leggings. No skin should be showing between the leggings and the socks.
· Shoes must be closed-toe, closed-sides, and closed-heel of one main color. No boots, Crocs, Heelys, or light up shoes are allowed. On P.E. days, students must wear tennis shoes with non-marking soles.
· Girls may wear stud earrings ONLY–no hoops or dangles.
· Girls are required to wear modesty shorts under jumpers.
· Girls are recommended to wear a camisole under white shirts.
OUTERWEAR FOR ALL STUDENTS:
ALL STUDENTS SHOULD PURCHASE AN APPROVED OUTERWEAR ITEM.
Only approved uniform outerwear can be worn in the classroom and school building.
Approved outerwear includes:
·Red sweatshirt with St. R logo;
· Navy blue fleece jacket with the St. R logo;
· Red pullover or cardigan sweater with St. R logo;
· Navy blue windbreaker jacket with St. R logo;
· Red St. R football or basketball sweatshirt (special order through the Athletic Director.)
· An approved school uniform shirt MUST be worn under any outerwear item.
· Outerwear items should be clearly labeled with the student’s name to avoid loss.
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR ALL STUDENTS:
· All uniform items must be in good condition and free from holes.
· Uniform shirts and blouses may be long or short sleeved and must have St. R emblem. Shirts and blouses must be tucked in at all times.
· Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
· T-shirts are allowed at the discretion of the Principal and can only be worn in August, September, October and May.
· House T-shirts will be worn on Mass days (exceptions will be e-mailed to parents/guardians).
- The following t-shirts are currently permitted: FUNFEST 2013, FUNFEST 2012, and FUNFEST 2011; Flight to the Finish 2013 and 2012. 2013 and 2012 Raise your Racquet Tennis Tournament. (This list will be updated as needed.)
· House t-shirts are only permitted on designated House t-shirt days which are announced in advance and posted on the School Calendar.
· PE Gym t-shirts are only permitted for PE class.
· 5th and 6th graders must wear a St. R gym t-shirt and St. R gym shorts to P.E. class.
· For Mass Days (a few exceptions with notice to families through school e-mail and/or Parent’s Press), the students should wear their House t-shirts.
· Hair should be neat and trimmed regularly, combed, out of the eyes and appropriate length. No excessive hair styles, colors, unusual designs (at the discretion of the administration) or tails. Boys’ hair is not to touch the eyebrows, collar, or ears.
· Students may not wear make-up of any kind. Nail polish is not permitted.
· No fake tattoos or other body decoration is allowed.
· Undershirts may be worn under the uniform shirt must be solid white with no lettering or graphics.
· No excessive head wear or accessories. Head wear should be in keeping with uniform colors of red, navy, or white.
· Many Fridays are designated as “Jeans for Green.” Participation is voluntary. Students and staff members are permitted to wear jeans (not jean shorts) with a uniform shirt with a $1 donation.
Appropriate dress is always required for special events including May Crowning and Graduation.
Girls - No spaghetti straps, halters or strapless dresses are permitted. No heels higher than 3 inches. Hemlines no higher than 3 inches above the knee (measured from the floor while kneeling).
Boys – Dress slacks or Khakis with belt. Dress shirt (tie optional), Jackets may be worn but are not required. Dress shoes with appropriate socks
· Girls may wear stud earrings –no hoops or dangles. Boys may not wear earrings of any kind.
· Only Saint medallions and cross necklaces are allowed.
FREE DRESS DAY reward may be given with the approval of the Principal. Students must wear appropriate clothing and are not permitted to wear short shorts, short skirts, spaghetti straps, halters, or strapless tops.