COVID-19 INFORMATION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
** Keep checking back to updated Fall 2021 Delta-variant guidelines **
Dear Cardinal Family,
St. Richard Catholic School continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation and the impact of the Delta-variant. We understand these are indeed uncertain times. Parents, teachers, and administrators are all trying to make the best decisions possible as we all stay committed and focused on how to best educate our children and keep everyone safe amid this pandemic. One thing we can all agree on is that our children's educational needs and well-being must be our number one priority as we prepare for their educational process.
Below are the St. Richard Back-to-School, Distance Learning, Parent and Reopening School Guidelines 2020. These guidelines are based on the recommendations of health professionals and health organizations, as well as input from our diocesan Office of Catholic Education and our special task force comprised of healthcare professionals, parents, teachers, and administration.
Our Cardinal family is valuable to us and your support is vital to our success. We are hopeful that we have provided an environment in which all our students and staff can feel safe and comfortable.
God bless and Go Cardinals,
Mrs. Jennifer David
ENHANCED SAFETY MEASURES FOR 2020
In this uncertain time, we are all in this together. Our top priority is a safe and healthy school environment for all students and staff. We are focusing on many little things that we hope will make a BIG impact.
STAFF & STUDENT CARE
- Daily wellness and temperature checks.
- Frequent handwashing breaks.
- Sanitizing stations in each classroom.
- Face shields available for all staff and students.
- Masks required for all.
- Face mask lanyards provided for safekeeping.
- Social distancing.
- Practice of airplane arms.
- Spaced seating throughout the day.
- Small class sizes.
- Desks placed 6 feet apart.
- Sneeze guards provided for every student.
- No shared supplies or electronic devices.
- Increased outdoor learning when applicable.
DROP OFF/PICK UP
- Updated carpool procedures with safety measures in place.
- Enter and exit the school through designated doors only.
- Students only to enter and exit building.
- No nonessential guests allowed in building.
- Frequent sanitizing and disinfecting of surfaces and materials throughout the day.
- “Fogging” sanitation each night.
POLICY UPDATES AS OF SEPTEMBER 2020
- The isolation and school exclusion period for a positive case of COVID-19 is changed from 14 days to 10 days for consistency with current CDC guidance. The 10 days is from the onset of symptoms, or the date of their test if they are asymptomatic. Note: this is only for individuals who test positive. If they are quarantining because of possible exposure it is still 14 days (see #4).
- The exposure time to be considered a close contact to a case of COVID-19 is updated to less than 6 feet for 15 minutes cumulative throughout the day.
- Masks should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious (naps or sleeping), incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- There is no test out of quarantine; the quarantine period is a full 14 days regardless of any test results during the quarantine period.
- People who have tested positive for COVID-19 do not need to quarantine or get tested again for up to 3 months as long as they do not develop symptoms again.
- Symptom and temperature screening recommendations added. Temperature of equal to 100○F or higher should be considered fever for screening purposes.
Remember, we are all in this together!