MORNING DROP OFF
Due to the new COVID-19 policy BEFORE SCHOOL CARE is not available this year. At 7:30 AM, students may enter the screening zones at front and back carpool. Once cleared to enter the school, students go directly to their classrooms. Students may not arrive after 8:30 AM unless special permission granted by Administration. It is important to note that due to the COVID-19 policy this year, parents/guardians may not walk their students to class.
SAINT RICHARD CATHOLIC SCHOOL HAS TWO DROP OFF LOCATIONS:
FRONT GATE DROP OFF is the front lobby of the school. Please look for the red “Front Entrance” banner off Holly Drive. Students in 3rd through 6th grade may be dropped off starting at 7:30 AM.*
BACK GATE DROP OFF is located at the back of the school. Please look for the red “Back Entrance” banner located behind Banner Hall. Students in P-K3 through 2nd grade and their siblings may be dropped off starting at 7:30 AM.*
*If there are multiple siblings, relatives, etc. riding together WITH a younger student, students use the back gate for pick up and drop off.
IMPORTANT WELLNESS CHECK INFORMATION
Students are not to exit the vehicles before being screened by a staff member. Parents should drive up to the check point and put down the child’s window to be screened. If the child’s temperature is normal, he or she will receive a “thumbs up” and will be allowed to exit the vehicle. If the child’s temperature is abnormal, it will be checked again in five minutes. Parents should drive back around the carpool to be screened a second time. If, after the second reading, the temperature is still abnormal, the child will not be allowed to come to school and cannot return until he or she has been fever-free for 72 hours.
IMPORTANT CARPOOL RULES
- To make the drop-off line move faster, we ask that students be prepared to exit the car as soon as it is stopped, and the screening is complete. (Example: backpack ready to go, seat unbuckled, headphones off, breakfast and goodbyes are finished.)
- It is important that all students be ready to exit from the passenger side of the vehicle and should not have to go to the trunk to get books. This puts the student between cars and a potential accident.
- Students are not to be dropped off in the parking lot and allowed to walk unattended to the school. This strict rule is for the safety and security purposes.
AFTERNOON PICK UP
Students should use the SAME GATE for PICK UP that they use for DROP OFF each day unless the school has been otherwise notified.
FRONT GATE PICK UP
Dismissal for students at the FRONT GATE begins at 3:00 (2:00 on Wednesdays). The traffic flow for front afternoon carpool is the same as morning front drop off. Students are loaded into the right side of the car. Teachers, students, and parents/guardians are not allowed to walk to the left side of the car to load.
BACK GATE PICKUP
Students in Pre-K3 through Pre-K5 are dismissed at the BACK GATE starting at 2:40 p.m. (1:40 p.m. on Wednesdays). All other students utilizing back gate dismissal will not be dismissed until 3:00 p.m. (2:00 p.m. on Wednesdays). Students are loaded into the right side of the car. Teachers, students, and parents/guardians are not allowed to walk to the left side of the car to load. *If there are multiple siblings, relatives, etc. riding together WITH a younger student, students use the back gate for pick up and drop off.
IMPORTANT AFTERNOON PICK UP RULES
- Parents/guardians CANNOT park and walk to pick up students. This strict rule is for the safety and security purposes.
- Limousines are not permitted to pick up students.
- Any student not picked up by 3:30 PM will be sent to AFTER SCHOOL CARE and a fee will be charged to your FACTS account.
- If your student needs to be picked up in a way other than the usual, please send a note to your teacher or call the school office before 2:00 PM (before 1:00 PM on Wednesdays).